Winds have us hunkering down in Puerto Escondido
Our northern winds continued through the night and waves are still rolling through the anchorage. Steve is leaving Gato Loco today after 11 days on board. I’m heading to Loreto with him to do some provisions. No way can our little dinghy get us to shore without soaking his bags so we hailed the water taxi. In the picture above you can see why we needed a taxi.
Late day sunset >>>>>>>
We shared a taxi with Guy on Stray Cat and some of our Phoenix Lake Pleasant sailing club friends that chartered a mooring 443 out of La Paz. Winds in Loreto aren’t that noticeable and is actually very nice to set in an outdoor cafe recommended by Debra at La Daminia where Steve was staying the night before flying out on Tuesday.
Before leaving this morning we had a quick Seawind Rally radio meeting. Everybody plans on staying on their boats and stand watch. Weather permitting we’re all heading to Isla Carmen Bahia Salinas with a long white sand beach, good anchoring and a wreck to snorkel dive tomorrow (Tuesday).
Tuesday morning… We’re getting anxious to head out to the island. Winds is still with us but has backed to acceptable level. After nets we plan on pulling up to the fuel dock and exit Puerto Escondido.
A little challenging at the fuel dock with winds 18kt onto the dock. Decided to us a little dinghy assist to get the bow into the wind. Alls well on Gato Loco. We’re off to Isla Carmen FINALLY…
Leg 2 crew as we head out to the island
Until the next update
Scotty the friendliest dog at Loreto Fest….