Gato Loco & Sting Reay made it to Bay of LA
Now I know what Gilligan went thru!!
Had one nasty day going thru the channel from Puerto Refugio to Bay of LA. 45mph winds!!! Next year Lowell you can do this leg!! Lost a chair and the the trash can so could you bring down one of each when you head to San Carlos. Clyde says grab the chair from Brian’s house.
Didn’t have enough time to finish yesterdays blog and to pooped to do today’s. Boat got a good washing. I will try to get blog out tomorrow.
Until the next update Bill
Lowell here (in Phx)… The update above came through on Clyde’s phone.. They had a tough sail yesterday. Based on weather on the web I think they were fighting winds coming up the channel which would make it a long beat tacking into Bay of LA. No word about crew members and Sting Reay so I interpret that as all is well. Still no photos of Sting Reay so here’s photos of Craig and John on a recent sail to Catalina Is….
Mike Clark just sent me photos of the Saturday night departure from Puerto Penasco.
Weather is forecasted to improve and current wind indications are under 10kts. We will hopefully see how crews decide to cross back to the Sonoran coast in their coming updates.
Until the next Update
Leg 1 April 11-19, Crew: Bill, Bruce & Cynthia Tegge, Clyde Betts sail from Puerto Penasco to San Carlos