Journey north update, Running from the storm
Wednesday June 13
Good news on all fronts today.The marina staff indicates that Bud should be a non-event that hopefully brings the area some much needed rain. The weather reports on the radio nets this morning are a bit more cautious with their analysis. The main theme is that Bud will not be a major factor. Many of the boats in the area here in Loreto will come in to Puerto Escondido for a non-hurricane party. We are staying with our plan to move to Santa Rosalia over the next 2 days that should move us out of the predicted path. Today’s windyty report gives us light to moderate winds out of the SE. The extended forecast might be a little unpredictable but the tropical storm seems to be sucking lots of the wind energy out of the northern sea. We shall see. The main reason for the update is to let everybody know that things are okay here and if things remain as expected our trip north should be fine. Bud did add a little anxiousness to the beginning of the journey and hopefully (fingers crossed) gives us some favorable winds heading north. We will remain very vigilant and watch all sources to stay informed and make good decisions.
This morning National Hurricane Forecast image
Doug Jeffrey and I ready for the challenges heading north
All good on Gato Loco
Until the next update